Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's been a pretty mellow winter for me. I learned to snowboard in December but only managed to get up to the mountains one other time this year. I went down to Boston a few times to visit some friends down there. This is Katie, Jen, Lee, me, and Keith wandering around Boston.


In February I went out to San Diego to visit Springli for about a week. Spring had just started her new job so I was pretty much on my own during the work week. But it worked out great 'cause I would bring her to work in the morning and have the car all day to explore/ get lost with the gps. We did manage to get some great hiking in, and I got to go in the Pacific. I was the only crazy person in the water that day. The water wasn't particularly warm, but it was still warmer than it ever gets in Maine, so that was a nice change.

The Beach at Coronado Island. Coronado is where the Navy base is and where the SEALS have their B.U.D.S trainning (think GI Jane). It was a very interesting experience looking out from the beach and seeing military ships. I must admit I got a bit paranoid when I was in the water because there were people scuba diving off the boats, so it was a little wierd not knowing where they were, but knowing they could see me!!
One of the places Springli took me to was Torrie Pines which is a huge national park in La Jolla. I also hiked part of it by myself one day... this is an early morning shot.

After Torrie Pines, I hiked Cowels Mountain with a friend of Springli's, Max. From the top, you could see all the way to Mexico. It was neat...we were above a rainbow looking down through it.



Being our charming selves :)


I just thought this was a fun statue. It's along the waterfront in downtown SD. Sisters

Spring and her friend Gracie at the beach watching the sunset one night.
I made it to the Pacific!!!!
Another view from Torrie Pines



On St. Patricks Day I went out for beers with some friends from Jiu-Jitsu: Bryan and Linda.
Pretty much the best Moustache ever!!!



+

No comments: