Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Winter games


This winter has been fun, but trying. I've been sick quite a bit, but in between I've managed to have plenty of fun. We had a new guy join my Jiu-Jitsu class in December, his name is Adriano, and he is a brown belt in Judo and is from Brazil. He and several others were here for 3 months working. Amie (another girl from class) and I became close with all the Brazilians. There were 9 of them living in one house! One of our first outings with all of them was to go ice skating!! None of them had ever been. Everyone was doing quite well until Ana fell face first on the ice and split her chin open. So our skating night changed into a trip to the ER.
This is us with the Brazilians just before we left to drive Ana to the hospital.


Mariana, Ana, and Nitalia goofing of after martinis at Una's

The Brazilians had not been to the beach so we took them down to East End Beach in Portland. It was about 20 degrees and windy that day so we mostly stayed in the car and took pics from there!! This is a bridge along the Eastern Promenade in Portland.

Me, with Vince and Jaden at Peter's birthday party. This was quite a night! Vince is a friend from class and a Portland Cop. And Jaden is a friend from work who HATES cops!! Every time Vince comes into work to visit me, Jaden says "Hey piggy do you want a Donut?" So, needless to say, they were very entertaining harrassing each other all night.

"Wow is that from kettle bells?" Jaden, Ryan (a friend from class and Portland Firefighter) and me. We were at our friend Charlie's Portland PD going away party. It was very interesting partying with most of the Portland police department!!!!
That's me with of the boys from Class. Checkout Mark's Cop moustache!! The guys were all impressed that I was dressed like a girl and not in workout clothes!


For Saint Patrick's day day a bunch of us from class went out to a local bar and just chilled out.

Dave, Dave, The Kate, Bill, Me and Dr. Bryan (he hates it when we call him Dr) I'm wearing heals and I'm still that much shorter then all of them!!!!

Joe and me.

This is Bryan. He's 6'3" so he was pretty much folded in half to fit in the pic with me!
This weekend is my birthday and I'm going to a Pirates Hockey game with several of my friends. Then on Wednesday I'll be heading down for my grand tour of the South visiting friends from school and my sisters in VA. So I'll have lots of news when I get back, and hey I might even post something next month instead of every 3 months!!

No comments: