Friday, January 30, 2009

So I turned 25 and history was made

So it has been months since I have last posted--sorry! I suppose a lot has happened in that time. I am no longer working at the CPA (THANK GOODNESS!) and my life has been a lot happier since. I took a few months off and just served. Now I am back on track looking for a new job. I have decided that I have no desire to stay in the DC area so I am looking at jobs predominately in Boston, New York and Chicago. I would love to return to the Northeast. I also turned 25 on January 19th. It is hard to believe that I am 25 already. I remember Marya, Seth and Hannah all turning 25! I kept my birthday fairly low key since the inauguration was the next day. However, since it was inauguration weekend the bars in DC stayed open until 5 am :) Casey, Kaylea, Clinton, Carlee and I went out for drinks and dancing. I also ran into some friends who were bouncing at the bar we went to. Being responsible adults we took a cab :)



















OH and perfectly Pete came to town!! He is a friend from YYLC that I haven't seen in about 5 years!



Prom photo:)
Now while I don't agree with Obama's politics I was really excited to go to his inauguration and see the first black man sworn into office. My friends and I got up at 5:30 am and walked from Arlington VA across the Memorial Bridge onto the National Mall. It was an amazing experience. The crowd was great-everything was very peaceful and happy. I was behind the Washington Monument. We didn't want to have to pass though security. We were only about 50 yds from a jumbo tron so we saw and heard everything. I think it is pretty amazing how far the country and the people have come in just 50+ years. Obviously there is still progress to be made but my friend Kobe was telling us how he talks with his mom and she remembers not being able to drink out of the same water fountains as white people. I guess I most appreciated inauguration because for the most part, my experience, was that it was a celebration of history being made not about politics or policy. I also have transition lenses and thought that they had frozen in the sunglasses state. It was quite upsetting--they hadn't. So that all being said I hope everything is going well with y'all! Here are lots of photos. I know some of them are blue but I wasn't paying attention the setting on my camera and I have had time to fix all of them. Ps. it was reallllly cold!


Starting out in Arlington VA



Lenses had juuuust started to change.


Walked past Iwo Jima Memorial and the Arlington National Cemetery.



Yay, we made it to the Memorial Bridge. It was closed strictly for foot traffic. That is the Lincoln Memorial behind me.


Casey and I.


Looking across the bridge.


Say wha?!


Sun rising over the Potomac on the bridge.


Amanda, D, Casey and I. Backside of the Lincoln Memorial.



...we made it to the Mall!!!



Hi Kobe!


Jason.


Casey and I by the World War II Memorial.


Clinton and Noah.


Our view. We brought a blanket and got some hot chocolate :)



God Bless America.




More people.

Peace on earth and goodwill toward men!


No comments: