Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hodge-podge of my Life



We all went to a Wizzards game one night-we won:)




As some of you know, I went to the Kentucky Derby this year. Here Tina and I are all dressed up. It was really windy and I lost my hat multiple times.



So it poured for the fillies but it was still a blast!



This is me, Derek and Amy. Amy has a become a close friend. We meet in Thai boxing class...she is a upstate NY girl. She grew up in a town with no stop light and she cracks me up!



Grave of a World War II solider in Arlington National Cemetary. Memorial Day weekend is the only time that flags are allowed on graves in the cemetary-that is a whole lota flags! It was a beautiful day and the grounds are quite stunning and peaceful. Amy and I also made it in time for the changing of the gaurd at the Tomb of the Unknown.



On Memorial Day Amy and I went around to various sites in DC. This is the Marine Memorial. We also found a bell tower that was donated to the US from the Netherlands as a thank you. It has summer bell concerts-we wound up being present for a concert-it was really cool.



Amazing sky I saw one night driving to Amy's house.






My grappling instructor, Seph Smith(the one grinning)...he LOVES his job.



YYLC Staff kicking Council C's butt in volleyball




Justin and I all dolled up:) I forgot a dress but Ashely was fabulous and let me borrow one of hers.
Two of the Foxxy Ladies-We're giving the camera a lil bit of sass/not ready. Jay Kim is looking at a peanut on the ground.
John and I are bright eyed and bushy tailed after very little sleep-he wants to be an Xs model:)


Well tons has happened since my last post but in general life is going well. I just got back form visiting friends at YYLC. Oh, and Diamond has a girlfriend! Her name is Pamela and they now hold hands-haha. My job has moved to Leesburg VA and my commute has gone from bad to worse-bleck. I am def looking for a new job right now, 4 hrs of driving for a job is no good. My thai boxing and grappling classes are going really well. I enjoy them a lot and they are helping me get in shape! I've lost about 17lbs and about 4 pant sizes. Although, I still need to start running because I am running the Army 10 Miler in Oct. The summer is flying by and I am really excited to come home next month. I have found a fellowship that I would like to go to but because of work and travel I haven't been able to do that yet. I am trying to sell the Daewoo (I haven't forgot Daddy!) and getting over a severe case of an off strain of Strep. My throat was oh so beautiful. The weather hasn't been tooooo terrible; it is starting to get humid. Rya got Ben a hammock for their 5 yr anniversery and I'm excited to try it out-after Ben and if David will share it:) Other than that these pictures are just a smattering of what has been going on in my life for the past few months. Hope all is well with everyone!


No comments: